Our manager has announced her retirement as of the end of October. If you are interested in a rewarding, challenging, enjoyable job working with independent seniors, please email your resume to Ray Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15. His phone is 812-305-2635.
Start date will be October 1 or thereabouts.
Here is a brief job description:
- Plan and coordinate all activities at the Center. Schedule educational, recreational and informative opportunities for seniors (55+).
- Assist with fundraising and special events as needed.
- Recruit/train volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate with SWIRCA regarding meals provided to seniors.
- Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter (recruit a committee to help with this if needed).
- Publicize events throughout the community using Facebook, our website, and local media.
- Build relationships throughout the community i.e. with the Town Manager, Clerk Treasurer, Town Council, town employees, service organizations and fraternal organizations, police and fire departments. Manager acts as the face and the voice of the Center.
- Maintain a clean, wholesome, safe environment for seniors.
- Assist with kitchen, cleaning and games as needed.
Note: Hours of operation are 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Monday through Friday. The manager is expected to work those hours except when representing the Center at events, programs, and/or meetings.